Every few months a post goes viral on social media where someone has ordered something online and they have ended up with a spectacular fashion fail.
Here’s some of my favourite collections of these:
Whether it’s a knock off prom dress that looks nothing like you expected, or a rug that you wanted for your house but actually would be more suitable for a dolls house, these fails will continue to happen because it’s the nature of human behaviour – whether it’s because someone is trying to defraud us, or we just didn’t read the description properly. Here’s my top tips to try and avoid online shopping fails!
- Use reputable online retailers who have a good repuation.
- If purchasing through eBay or a marketplace style store – make sure you read the reviews and previous feedback.
- Whilst it might appear to be a bargain, if a price seems too good to be true, it probably is, so be wary.
- There are many reputable retailers based in China, but unfortunately a lot of the knock off or replica fashion fails online tend to come from there so just do some extra checking if you are purchasing from there.
- Read the description throughly. If there is anything you are even remotely unsure of, contact the retailer or seller. They should be able to respond quickly and put your mind at ease.
- Make sure you know where the retailer or seller is based and what their shipping and delivery process is. If you need a dress for 24 hours time but the one you want needs to be imported from the other side of the world, then it’s not going to happen.
- Make sure you are aware of the returns process as well, just in case the worst does happen you want to be able to return the item at no extra cost or hassle for yourself.
- Purchasing items via credit card will afford you some extra protection so bare that in mind!
Meanwhile, good luck for your shopping and fingers crossed for no online fails!